Friday, December 18, 2015

Final Script

My architectural proposition is of shifted suspending
This concept is expressed in my final model in which triangular volumes made from foam are being shifted and then suspended using wood

I hybridized the greatest qualities of my initial design approaches as well as their materials to create a means for designing my folly that focuses on suspending, stretching, and subdividing triangular densities.
These three ideas are shown in my final model

Subdivision informs the shift of a triangular density which creates a nebulous (indefinite, unclear) overhang
and suspension of a triangular volume is reliant upon stretching

The intersection of two suspending elements create quartered spaces that form angled passageways in space that a body can navigate through similar to a labyrinth

As one weaves through triangular densities they can elevate themselves through climbing a ladder, constructed by wrapping wood. Once at the top of the ladder they can stand on a platform and look out upon the folly

Or they can become submerged by climbing down into the void space and sitting underneath a suspended triangular density.

My experimental drawing drove the idea of shifted suspending further. Rather than shifting horizontally I shifted the model as a whole vertically while suspending it from one critical point. I also tested displaying different perspectives while at the same area to expand upon my spatial and site qualities

Thank you























No comments:

Post a Comment